Monday, February 07, 2005

Two words for Bush's Budget....Too Big

 

 

I miss the days of the “fiscal conservative.”  Our president is one of the biggest spenders I have seen.  So much for the days of big government being over.  I didn’t think that was true when Bill Clinton said it, and I sure don’t believe it with Bush either.  I guess compassionate conservatives are radically different from fiscal conservatives.  I can only hope that Sen. Inhofe gets to take a red pen to the budget and cuts everything except the FAA and the DOD, my 2 personal favorites.

 

The larger government gets, the more it can, has, and will take our freedoms away from us.  Whatever happened to the days when a limited federal government was something every citizen wanted.  I almost feel like that concept died with Publius.  I wish we still heard of cuts as large as entire departments.  The Department of Education would be a lovely start.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not anti-education.  Instead, I support more control of education by local and state governments.  The 10th amendment to the Constitution guarantees the states every right and function not explicitly given to the federal government.  Education is not mentioned in the constitution, therefore this includes oversight of the education system.  Somewhere along the way, some major sidetracks happened.  Yes, that’s right.  I am on record as saying that The Department of Education is unconstitutional.  Ronnie was RIGHT! Not just right wing.

 

Hey Bush, Thanks for the tax cut, get control of spending! Then give me another tax cut.  It’s my money, not yours!

 

Sounds like I’m an evil conservative huh.

No comments: