Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Reply to a comment.

Yesterday I had this as a comment to my post.

"Ann Coulter? lol.... For Christ's Sake.
Who will you quote next? Adolph Hitler? Lucifer?
Your talking points definitely make more sense now, knowing who inspires you.
Open your mind a little bit, and read a little from the enlightened. I still recommend Thom Hartmann's book, "What Would Jefferson Do?"
Since you have such a desire to better understand your "enemy", try reading their actual words instead of what your nut job influences tell you about them. "

Notice the attack on the person, not the substance of what was said.

I will now quote another source as a reply to this persons question:


“If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees.” William Jefferson Clinton

In all fairness, quotes like these really do nothung more than increase the fighting between the "left and right." I did have another comment by another reader. That person made me proud by getting to the subject matter instead of the personal attack. Soon I will prepare a response to that comment regarding states rights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where or how you used Coulter. But, it wouldn't really matter much. I've seen more than enough of the *substance* of her demagoguery to know that the *person* contributes absolutely nothing of value. Quite the opposite. She regularly incites bigotry and hatred. If you want to cast your lot with her... that says a great deal about you.

Hurricane Bob said...

kevin, Thank you for your stereotyping of me, that says a great deal about you too. I also want to thank you for helping to prove my point even farther that it is hard to argue against the conservative point of view simply on the basis of merits, the liberals always have to make it a personal fight. Why is that.

LJ said...

I'm truly touched. You created a post to address my comment to you.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to check in on your blog prior, but I'm so busy battling fascism and misinformation on so many fronts, it's hard to put the time I would like to on blogs like yours which I enjoy reading and commenting on.

And please, when you're posting stories like "Liberal hate Teri and want her dead, BS, don't try taking the high road on me attacking you instead of your point.

Ann Coulter is a whacked out hate monger, and I do equate your quoting her to quoting the likes of Hitler and Lucifer to support your arguments.

Come on HB, you can find more respectable conservatives to carry the torch for you.